Saturday, September 25, 2010

Street Food: Athens

A pretzel stall in Athens.
It is almost impossible for me to walk past a street vendor without checking out what yummy food is for sale.  Here in Athens some stalls sell corn on the cob, others sell nuts, but the main kind of stall you will find all over the city sells pretzels.  Sounds boring doesn't it?  But trust me, these pretzels are anything but boring.  You can get them with cheese, or meat, or even get a sweet one (just like a doughnut really).  I have been enjoying trying all the different pretzels available.  I bet you can tell which one is my favourite so far by the picture below.

Enjoying a loukoumaki on the streets of Athens.  That is how it was labelled at the stall, but when I check online loukoumaki also means "Turkish Delight".  I guess it means a lot of different sweet things.

1 comment:

  1. I think your pretzel beats the ones we get at Yorkdale!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails