Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alvin Ailey Dance Company


Whenever I am in London I always enjoy going to the theatre.  It is great watching people perform on stage, it helps me get inspired for the performances we do on stage back at school.  This time while in London, I got invited to watch a dance performance by the Alvin Ailey Dance Company.  They are an American dance company that focuses on presenting contemporary dance from an African-American perspective.  The various dances that they produce are stories, and they were quite moving.  My favourite piece was called The Hunt.  It was dark, and mysterious and was choreographed to loud, fast drumming sounds.  I can’t wait to watch more dance as I make my way around the globe.

1 comment:

  1. My best friend Kim and I used to see the Alvin Ailey Dance Company regularly when they performed at the old O'Keefe Center in Toronto many years ago. They are a very special ensemble of dancers. The last time I was in New York we walked by the Alvin Ailey School. It looked like and incredible place to learn to dance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails