Sunday, September 12, 2010

Warwick Castle

Today I spent the day exploring a real castle. Warwick Castle (pronounced Wor-ick) was first built in 1068, it was just made out of wood back then. It was gradually rebuilt in stone throughout the middle ages and the castle was home to several Earls until 1978. Going through each room I got to experience history firsthand and what it would have been like to be a King living in England long ago. Lucky for me, I had the Red Knight around to protect me from any evil knights who might be lurking nearby trying to hurt me. He was such a noble and kind knight, and I thank him for his service.

Looking down at Warwick Castle
A dining room fit for a king!
My new pal Henry VIII.  He said I could come and stay at the castle anytime.

The Red Knight and the Blue Knight trying to get the sword out of the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails