Monday, September 6, 2010

The Oldest Restaurant in Toronto


On Saturday morning some friends and I decided to say goodbye to each other by going out for breakfast.  We all sat around a booth at one of my favourite breakfast spots, The Senator.  Now the food isn't gourmet. Breakfast is usually a large serving of bacon and eggs with home fries and toast, but it is the story the restaurant tells that keeps you coming back.  The restaurant claims to be the oldest in Toronto with food being served in the building since 1890 (The Senator actually opened its doors in 1948).  Maybe the street is no longer lined with horsedrawn carriages, but you can still feel history pouring out of the building.  I wonder how The Senator compares to the restaurants I will eat at as I travel around?  Do you think it is the oldest restaurant in the world?  I can't wait to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails