Sunday, September 12, 2010

Art Project – Let’s Make a Collage

While visiting an art gallery called Hafnarhus in Reykjavik I discovered an artist called Erro and some of his paintings.



Erro is a famous Icelandic artist who uses collage to create bright and beautiful pieces of art. After leaving the gallery I was so inspired by what I saw I decided to make a collage of my own. A collage is when you take lots of smaller pictures and put them together, overlap them, put them side by side to create a larger piece of art. You can make a collage too. Why don’t you try to make a collage about yourself! Start by cutting out a picture of yourself, and now use magazines, newspapers or the Internet to find pictures of things that tell a story about you. Once you are done bring your collage in to share with your teacher, friends or take a picture of you collage and send it to me. I would love to see it. A collage is a great way to tell other people about yourself. Here is my collage about my time in Reykjavik, what do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I love your collage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica. Have you tried making one? I hope you are having a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails