Friday, September 3, 2010

Rules, Rules, Rules

A dog hanging out on the beach in India via IndiaMike

Dear Boys and Girls,

Travelling is a lot like being in school.  There is so much to learn, so much to see, and so many rules to follow!  Now, rules aren't bad.  They are there to make sure we stay safe while we are at school, or while we are travelling. This summer to get ready for my trip I went to the travel clinic and talked to a doctor there about my adventure and he gave me a list of rules to follow in certain countries.  First rule, don't swim in any fresh water rivers or lakes because you might get sick.  Second rule, don't drive in rural areas at night, because you might get into a car accident.  His last and most important rule was, don't pet any dogs you see on the street!  Being a dog lover, you all know how much I love my dog Spot, this is a very hard rule for me to follow.  I understand that if I don't follow the rules I might get hurt or very sick, so just like you follow all your school rules, I will follow all my travel rules.  Can you think of any other rules I should follow while I am away?

Four more days until my first flight!
Mr. Pimentel

6 comments:

  1. So far I have been reminded to eat with my right hand in countries that don't use toilet paper. That is a good rule to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always carry a rock/big stick with you after dark to scare off the 'pack dogs' who WILL bite/attack you, especially if out on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't climb mountains - you might get hurt" - MH
    "Don't talk to WEARY strangers" - EH
    Happy strangers would probably be fine...just stay away from the WEARY one's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TP agrees, not to talk to strangers. Have a wonderful year! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rule No. 62 - Be very wary of Australians

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grade 2's at Rolph RoadSeptember 15, 2010 at 12:32 PM

    We are learning a lot about rules at school as well!

    Here are some rules we thought of for you to remember on your trip:
    1. Be careful when you talk to strangers
    2. Wear shoes when you are at the beach so that you don't cut your feet
    3. Take care of the environment everywhere you go
    4. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails