Friday, September 10, 2010

Taste of My Own Medicine - Iceland Style

Dear Boys and Girls,

Remember what I said to you about trying new things before you decide you don't like them, well something funny happened to me today.  I was on a tour around Iceland and I got a little hungry so I decided to buy a chocolate bar.  Whenever I am in a new country I always like to try something I can't get back home, so I skipped over the Snickers and the M & M's and I grabbed an "Eitt Sett".  The wrapper looked nice, and it was in with all the other chocolate, so I thought, "it's worth a try".


When I opened up my chocolate bar I was a little surprised.  It wasn't just a chocolate bar, but it was a chocolate bar cover in black licorice.  Yuck.  I hate licorice.  But then I stopped.  I remembered what I had said to you about trying things before saying you don't like them.  Had I ever tried chocolate with black licorice. No.  So I gave it a go. 


I had two bites before I decided I didn't like it...but at least I tried it. So I peeled off the licorice and ate the chocolate part.

Here is a commercial for the chocolate.  The scary music should have been a sign!

I wonder what other things I will find mixed into chocolate as I travel?

Mr. Pimentel

4 comments:

  1. The scary music should play every time anyone picks up an Eitt Sett as a warning not to eat it! I do hope the chocolate part was good and took away the taste of the licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the nasty licorice. Yuck. What a horrible surprise to find it in your chocolate bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grade 2's at Rolph RoadSeptember 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM

    Hi Mr. P,

    We took a survey of all the people in our class and learned that 15 people in our class do not like black licorice, 5 people like it and 4 people have never tried it at all.

    Where did you buy the chocolate bar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grade 2's,

    Maybe at your next classroom celebration someone can bring in black licorice, and someone else can bring in chocolate and you can all try your own version of "Eitt Sett" and see if you like it!

    I bought the chocolate bar at a store called 101 in Reyjavik. It is like a 7-11 because it was open 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails