Wednesday, September 15, 2010

British Candy

 
For years now a good friend of mine Samantha has been trying to get me to try Turkish Delight, but I have resisted.  If you have ever read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe you will know that the Ice Queen lured Edmond away from his family by tempting him with Turkish Delight, so trying it always seemed like a bad idea.  A popular candy in the Victorian Era (around 1890), Turkish Delight is still available today in London, but today’s version is a little different.  Now Turkish Delight is covered in chocolate!  I picked some up at a local shop for 60 pence, which is about one dollar, to see if I would like it.
What does it taste like?  Think of a big, giant gummy bear that is rose flavoured and then dipped in chocolate.   Turkish Delight hasn’t become my new favourite candy bar, but it is an interesting treat to sample every once and a while, (if you like eating flowers that is).

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it makes up for the odd licorice/chocolate bar from Iceland! -paul d.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails