Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A London Establishment: The Wolseley

I was invited out for a fancy lunch with Jenny and Lewis, Arren’s mum and stepdad, and I couldn’t turn down the offer.   They treated me to a meal at The Wolseley, a great place to enjoy a long and leisurely lunch while looking around trying to catch a glimpse of celebrities and famous politicians.  The menu is very grown-up with things like chopped liver and steak tartare (basically raw meat) being items you can find on the list.  I enjoyed a goat cheese and tomato tart, followed by Wiener Schnitzel Holstein and then for dessert I had a Lemon Meringue Coupe, which is a special way of saying a Lemon Meringue Sundae.  It was a perfect afternoon.  Take a look at the menu and see if there are any items you would like to try?
Wiener Schnitzel Holstein - Breaded Veal, with an egg and anchoives ontop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails