Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sez: Turkish Guitars

Dear Boys and Girls,

I really miss playing my guitar.  Unfortunately I couldn't bring it with me around the world, so to help me feel better I went walking along Galip Dede Caddesi which is a street lined with shops that sell traditional Turkish instruments.  I went into one of the shops and asked about these interesting looking guitars.



The nice man at the store told me that they are called "cura" and they belong to the sez family.  Sez are traditional Turkish guitars.  They have more strings than my guitar back home, are hard to play, but boy oh boy they really do sound beautiful.

The man at the instrument shop putting on a little concert for me.
Looking forward to hearing more instruments as I travel,

Mr. Pimentel

2 comments:

  1. I love guitars but I 've never seen one like that. abbey girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abbey Girl,

    I wonder how hard it would be to play a sez? Is it the same as playing a guitar? I might have to try it next time I am in a music shop in Istanbul!

    Mr. P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails