Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Magical Day

Once upon a time there was a traveller called Mr. P. Mr. P was going on a journey around the world. “I can’t wait to see the world,” he exclaimed, so off he went. His first stop was Iceland. Mr. P spent three days driving around the country exploring the beautiful scenery and many natural wonders. On his third day in Iceland he went to a magical place called “The Blue Lagoon”. The Blue Lagoon was magical because it looked and felt magical. It was a sky blue swimming pool that was heated by the lava flowing under the island. “I can’t wait to show these pictures to my friends,” Mr. P proudly stated as he snapped photos of The Blue Lagoon with his new fancy Olympus Tough underwater camera. Mr. P continued to float around in the steaming hot water of the Lagoon for a few hours, and then unfortunately it was time to go. As he was getting out of the water Mr. P noticed something. “Oh no! My camera isn’t in my pocket! It must have fallen out while I was floating!” Mr. P cried. The Blue Lagoon is a huge body of water and Mr. P realized that he wasn’t going to be able to find his camera no matter how hard he tried. Feeling very sad he went to one of the workers at the Lagoon and told them about what had happened. “Oh, that is too bad,” they said. “Just write down all your information and if we find your camera we will get it back to you.” Mr. P returned to his hotel and had a quiet evening walking along the harbour watching the birds swoop down into the water. When he returned to his hotel after having some dinner there was a message for him “Dear Mr. P, we have found your camera and will be bringing it to you tomorrow morning.” Was it true? Did someone really find his Olympus? “I knew the Blue Lagoon was a magical place, “ Mr. P exclaimed. He curled up in his bed and slept well knowing that magic was real and he was pleased he got to experience it firsthand.




5 comments:

  1. Good to know there is magic and kindness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a story with a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grade 2's at Rolph RoadSeptember 17, 2010 at 2:38 PM

    Mr P.,
    We really liked your story. It was very interesting. We want to know who was holding the camera to take a picture of you in the Blue Lagoon. We are happy you got your camera back! We can tell you are having a wonderful time in Iceland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grade 2's,

    While I was in Iceland I met two nice women from Manchester. They were very kind and took some pictures for me. I am glad I got my camera back too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails