Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Greek Delicacies: Oh Paros, Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

So I am heading out to my next destination which means I have to say goodbye to Greece, and what better way to do that then to enjoy a Greek chocolate bar.  Now boys and girls, I know that chocolate bars are not healthy food choices.  I would much rather eat some berries, or a fresh crunchy piece of celery.  Those treats taste great, and they are good for my body too.  Even so, it is still a nice to enjoy a special sugary treat every once in a while.

You all remember the last time I tried a new chocolate bar, yuck!  So I tried to be a bit more sensible and used my picture reading skills again.  If you look at the label you see cookie, a creamy filling and a chocolate coating.  All of that sounds delicious, and guess what?  3Bit was delicious.




Another favourite treat in Greece is to have your coffee "freddo".  It is kind of like taking your coffee and whipping it up into a sweet coffee milkshake.  You can get a freddo at almost any coffee shop around town.


And then remember the world famous hot dogs I tried in Iceland, well Greece has a special version of a hot dog too.  Instead of using a bun they wrap the hot dog in a rich, buttery, flaky pastry that makes the hot dog taste even more delicious.  It is so tasty you don't even need ketchup or mustard to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm... you are making me hungry! All of this looks SO good! I have to go to Greece and try all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beach, adorable village, delicious coffee, and chocolate! The Greek Islands...ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails