Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Floats on the River Kwai?

Made out of bamboo, these river rafts keep afloat on the river.
1) Bamboo floats, so it is a great material to use if you want to make a floating raft.  Not only is bamboo fast growing (it can grow over 60 cm in one day) it is also very strong.  Bamboo can be used in so many different ways.  You can use it to build houses, to make flooring or even make instruments.

Bamboo growing tall in the jungle.
2) Elephant poop.  When the elephants came to have their morning bath, breakfast and potty break I was quite surprised to see their poop float along the river.  I thought it would have sunk for sure!

3) Mr. P (while wearing a life jacket of course).  Yes, even after seeing the poop float along the river, I just had to experience the feeling of being carried away by the river's current.  It is a lot of fun being whisked downstream by the rushing water (and maybe just a little bit scary too).

My life jacket keeps me safe and floating as I speed along the River Kwai.
Photo: Laura Muir
Can you think of some other things I might have seen floating by on the river?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails