Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mr. P Visits a Hindu Temple

Shantadurga Temple in Ponda Taluka.
Today I visited my very first Hindu temple.  What makes this visit extra special is that the temple I went to, Shantadurga Temple, is found in the country of India.  The temple is dedicated to the Goddess of Peace, and Hindus come from all around India to make offerings (usually of fruit, flowers or incense) to the goddess in hopes that she will answer their prayers.  There are no pictures allowed inside the temple, because it is such a sacred place, so I can't show you what the inside looks like.  Also, you must take off your shoes and socks before entering the temple as a sign of respect to the goddess.  I also had to take my shoes off when entering the Blue Mosque, but I have never had to take my shoes off when visiting any churches.  Visiting a Hindu temple is something you should all do to learn more about your Hindu friends.  The sights, sounds and smells will amaze you, and you will learn a lot too.


Offerings for the Goddess of Peace for sale here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails