Monday, November 29, 2010

Ox Eyes For Dessert

Boys and Girls,

You know that I have never been one to walk away from a sweet treat, so when I came across a bakery in Mexico I just had to walk in and buy something to eat. 

It is overwhelming when you are staring at racks full of baked goods, all of them covered in frosting and sprinkles, and each one looking more tasty than the next, but when I saw the "ojos de buey" I knew I just had to try it.

It looked so disgusting, I just had to try it!
"Ojos de buey" means ox eyes in Spanish, but if you ask me I think the dessert looks more like ox brains! 

Boy oh boy, was it ever sweet.  Two semi-spherical vanilla doughnuts with chocolate icing holding them together, wrapped in a sugary sweet red paste and then coated in sweetened coconut, my teeth are hurting just thinking about it.  I had one bite of the "ojos de buey" and had to save the rest for later...it was just too sweet.

Something tells me this isn't a healthy snack.
What happens to you when you eat too much sugar?

I hope I can find some more tasty treats to eat in Mexico!

Mr. P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails