Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shark Attack!

On the hunt, this shark looks hungry.
Oh no, that diver is about to be attacked!
No, no, no.  This isn't really a shark attack, it is just shark feeding time, part of the Aqua Theatre experience at Aquaria, an indoor mini zoo and aquarium in Kuala Lumpur.  Spending an afternoon at Aquaria was a great way to get my brain working because there was so much new information to learn.  My favourite part of Aquaria was getting to see all the local fish and animals that are native to Malaysia.  I saw tons of spiders, snakes and lizards that call Malaysia home, and lucky for me I saw them at Aquaria and not running around the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

Can you see the Malaysian Earth Tiger Tarantula?
I learned that a Malaysian Earth Tiger Tarantula will stop eating for months before it molts (sheds its old skin).  I wonder what a Malaysian Earth Tiger Tarantula likes to eat?  Do you know any other interesting facts about spiders?

And then there are the neat looking Potbelly Seahorses from Australia.  They look quite funny floating around with their little bellies sticking out (they look like me after a big Malaysian dinner).  I wonder why they have these little bellies?  Do you know why?  Maybe you can research and let me know.

Do you think they have potbellies because they just ate too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails